How long will it take for my inter library loan to arrive?
Unfortunately we are unable to give a cast iron guarantee as to when an inter library loan will arrive.
There are various reasons for this:
- User has outstanding queries on their account e.g. fines or expiry of registration.
- The British Library may not hold the item so we may have to apply elsewhere.
- The item may be held in another section of the British Library so will take longer to retrieve.
- The item may be temporarily unavailable due to stock moves or other problems.
- Another user may have the item out on loan so you will be placed on a waiting list. This is also the case for photocopies or scans of articles or chapters.
- The British Library may be buying the item and so you will be placed on a waiting list.
- The British Library may require more information or rechecking references as they are having trouble finding the item.
- The item is being bound at the British Library.
We aim to keep you informed as to the progress of your request.